The "[a]ward honors educational facilities that the jury believes should serve as an example of a superb place in which to learn, furthering the client's mission, goals and educational program while demonstrating excellence in architectural design. These projects exemplify innovation through the client's educational goals through responsive and responsible programming, planning and design. Function and surrounding regional and community context are valued as part of the planning and design process as well as sustainability."
Society for College and University Planning (SCUP)'s insight:
- Drexel University College of Media Arts and Design (CoMAD) URBN Center; Philadelphia
- University of Chicago Child Development Center – Stony Island; Chicago
- Central Arizona College, Maricopa Campus; Maricopa, AZ
- Coastline Community College, Newport Beach Campus; Newport Beach, CA
- James B. Hunt Jr. Library at North Carolina State University Raleigh, NC